Saturday, February 4, 2012

Premature mediocrity.

Hey there.

I made fingerless gloves.

Im gonna talk about them.

Why? Because nothing really exemplary happened this week. Other than school. But school is pretty boring.

Anyway. So I took a pair of those little cheap, stretchy gloves that in all actuality are pretty much useless.
Then, I cut along the top seam of each finger. Cutting the fingers straight off would result in ugly, splayed thread everywhere and useless pieces of fabric. Then, I folded the loose ends back and rolled them into weird sockets. Then I busted out the needle and thread. I stitched through each socket with a different color thread, the more fingers I went through, the better the stitching got. Last step was to add fabric paint. Why? Why not. This shit glows in the dark!
I wrote "Trendy" on the left glove, and I drew a skull on the right glove. Then I went to go see a movie with my friend and then we went to the bookstore to laugh at book titles and to put random classic literature in the erotica section. It was nothing but a good time.


Hey I found my taxi shoes. And my confused hipster slippers.



Slippers are definitely a give and take idea.

I mean, sure, you are comfortable everywhere you go, but if you gotta run to catch a train, or a bus, youre kinda screwed. With the slippers, comes the slipper mentality.

You're gonna have to slow down, regardless of if the rest of the world slows down too. But the worlds probably not oging to, but its okay, you're wearing slippers. the rest of the world isn't. You can wait, but they cant. Its unfair, but it is fair. See, its a lot of give and take. Sure, the rest of the world may be efficient in nature, but are they comfortable?

...Do they want to be?

I think I should instill Slipper Wednesday.

mmhmm.


























1 comment: