Tuesday, November 4, 2014

"You are not where you are, you are where you're going"

I felt a lump in my throat when I opened the letter.

It was from the government, addressed to me. A projection of my grades from all of highschool.

My heart got pretty heavy in my chest and decided to become friends with my stomach when i scanned the numbers. Very few of them were above 60.

Im not sure what I was expecting. I mean, Its not like my mind was really ever in the right place when I was in school, at least not academically. You guys were there, you read the story from april 2011 to now, you can probably guess from my writing and one-dimensional thought process that I wasnt really a prized student.

I logged into the U of L bridge. If I had my grades, they sure did as well.

With dashed hopes, I begrudgingly looked over my admission status.

And much to my surprise, I was... I was in. I was accepted.

They approved me!

The next chapter in this book was about to turn over and as far as I could tell, it was gonna be an adventurous one.

The same day I helped my dad winterize the camper, and after that little snafu (did you know that the older and more broken a diesel generator is, the more of a headache it becomes to turn over?) we rendezvoued at the local pub with a few neighbours. With my brother out of the house on sunday, and me admitted into school a whole two hours south of home and out of the house come January, this has been a pretty exciting week at chez de la Edmond.

This is all progress, me building my life up a little more every day. And I guess I finally made it to level 58, cause I just got the go ahead to start grinding away in the Outland. (WOAH! Inaccurate WoW references!)

So wowee, everyone! To here knows when!

No comments:

Post a Comment